Trusted Freshness - Vertical Farming Franchise
Looking for a turn-key business venture? Look no further than Canada’s newest vertical farming enterprise.
- Send me information
- Finance requirements
- Initial Franchise Fee: $25,000
- Total Investment: $630,000
- Available areas
Canada’s newest vertical farming enterprise
Located in Alberta, Trusted Freshness provides franchise opportunities for entrepreneurs, investors and immigrants looking for a turn-key business venture.
We provide franchisees with everything they require to operate and grow a wide variety of fresh and nutritious produce that includes micro greens, leafy greens and vine crops in a fully-controlled indoor urban environment.
With Trusted Freshness amalgamating the growing, packaging, and distribution of produce in a safe food environment under one roof, the franchisee is assured of optimum quality produce for the ready markets Trusted Freshness has secured.
Trusted Freshness Vertical Farming is a type of indoor greenhouse hydroponic agriculture that is designed to maximize production and efficiency per square foot by growing crops in stacked multi-tiered deep-water culture (DWC) grow beds, using proprietary LED grow lights.
The modular Trusted Freshness vertical farm design is very adaptable to repurposed warehouse facilities.
The Franchise Approach
- We developed a franchising model to provide locally grown, fresh, safe, nutritious and affordable produce
- We have taken the best available growing technology and packaged it with our Franchisee Services Program to make it available in commercially viable components, called ‘spokes’
- We are providing the key equipment, components, training and management pieces to allow us to franchise our business model to people who are new to vertical farming
- We created a training curriculum to ensure competence and adherence to food regulations
- We will co-locate basic Franchisees with a Master Franchisee (called ‘hubs’) to achieve maximum Efficiencies
- We provide all marketing of Trusted Freshness branded fresh produce
The Franchise Model
- All equipment & consumables and most services provided by franchisor, including all marketing & training
- A ‘Least Management Intensive’ approach to franchise ownership
Hubs & Spokes
Hubs – Master franchisees with growing beds, cooling/storage, processing, logistics
- Average investment about C$1.5 million, can service approx. 36 spokes
Spokes – co-located smaller franchisees – they just grow produce
- Average investment about C$630,000
- Co-location speeds franchise sales and improves operation and financial efficiencies
- Edmonton Master Franchise is the showcase and under development
- Canadian cities with population exceeding ½ million, in-fill in large centres
Franchisee Services Program
- Assistance in the selection and sourcing of, or layout of, a suitable facility;
- Training with multiple levels of hands-on competence in vertical farming in conjunction with horticultural experts;
- Franchising materials: training manuals, operating manuals and forms, accounting systems;
- Assistance in approaching financial sources for accessing loan capital;
- Assistance in gaining certification with food safety regulations such as CanadaGAP®;
- Logistics management for produce handling;
- Market access, distribution and sales of all produce through single-desk marketing;
- Branding identification for market positioning and recognition;
- Crop selection and scheduling for fair income participation of all franchisees;
- Pre-seeded growing medium for labour savings;
- Benefits from bulk buying of LED lights, seeds and nutrients, and potentially services such as insurance;
- And more.
Get in touch with us by completing the form below to learn more.